****** I seem to be very politically and socially-conscious today. *******
In spite of resistance from Republican party leadership, the primary process and the threat of violence has left no choice for the convention but to nominate Donald Trump as the Republican presidential candidate.
Although he has never campaigned for any political office, if he adheres to the counsel of his party leaders, he may have a chance of being elected to the highest office in the nation.
If Donald Trump is elected president, what will it be like? Since our nation has never been led by an egocentric, openly-offensive non-politician before, this is all speculation. The thing about speculation is that it’s seldom objective and not necessarily based on fact. Now, with that disclaimer out of the way, here goes…
- First of all, Donald Trump is accustomed to heading boards of businesses, where these board members were his employees, whose job security was based on agreeing and obeying the boss. His wise choice for cabinet members would be advisors who challenge him; however, he’s not used to that.
- POTUS requires majority cooperation and collaboration of congress to accomplish anything.Democrats will always oppose Trump. Most Republicans don’t approve of him either. Who does that leave to approve president Trump’s plans?
- Donald Trump is not, nor has he ever been a politician. Some believe that’s a primary reason for his public appeal.However, in the political world, there are rules to the game (as clandestine as they may be) to get things done. President Trump may have trouble learning about these rules and the true power limitations of the position of president.
- Thus far in the primary process, he has polarized and offended most Americans (which makes his popularity a mystery to many). As president, will he be able to repair the bridges he has demolished and unite Americans?
- The United States and the world are in a tenuous and fragile state now. Would president Trump be sensitive to our situations in foreign affairs? Let’s hope so.
POTUS Donald Trump will make mistakes, like every other president who has held the office. He will be loved, and hated. There will be cries for impeachment, and cries for re-election. He will be inheriting an economy that is unsteadily attempting recovery (not that the POTUS has any control over the economy. They don’t), and stepping into a war against terrorism that Americans have forgotten the reason and just want it to stop. He will be stepping into office when the country is in racial turmoil comparable to the ’60’s. He will be the president to a generation of young adults who have no concept of respect for authority (in general), work ethic, or inventive/ creative ambitions.
To President Donald Trump, I say two things:
- GOOD LUCK!
- ARE YOU SURE THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?
******** Tomorrow I will address the Hillary Clinton Administration. Stay Tuned! ******