Now that Bernie Sanders, in the best interest of the Democratic party, has decided to withdraw from the race and endorse her, the already-inevitable nomination is even more unavoidable. Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic presidential candidate this November.
Unlike her Republican counterpart, Mrs. Clinton is a known quantity. We have seen her in political leadership for many years. As first lady to her impeached husband Bill, she was an intricate part of his administration, overstepping the bounds of former first ladies.
She has been a successful businesswoman who has escaped conviction repeatedly for questionable and possibly felonious actions. Perhaps she was not guilty. Perhaps her husband, the governor at that time, stood faithfully at her side to fight the criminal charges.
She went straight from the White House to being a Senator of a state in which she did not live. Honestly, I never did figure that one out.
President Obama appointed her Secretary of State, where her primary duties were to handle America’s relations with other countries. Everybody’s human. We all make mistakes. If I’m not mistaken, those criminal charges have been dropped.
Also while SoS, Hillary used her personal email to communicate highly sensitive and top secret information. The problem with that is normal email is easily accessible to public. This oversight may have been just a lapse in judgment. We all have those sometimes. However, when a person in a position such as Secretary of State risks a breach such as this, it warrants criminal charges, possibly even treason allegations. The normal procedure is immediate cut-off of access to information. That’s logical, since the person has mishandled it, wouldn’t you think?
However, the Democratic presidential candidate has apparently learned about TEFLON from her husband. After preliminary investigation, there are no information restraints on Hillary Clinton, nor are there any impending criminal charges.
Now, with that background information, let’s speculate what it would be like if Hillary (whatever happened to her hyphenated name?) Clinton is elected POTUS.
- She is an experienced politician with the full support of her party. This increases her chances of accomplishing her agenda; especially since she will likely be appointing one or two Supreme Court Justices. She knows how to play the political game.
- Hillary has a concrete agenda. She is not vague about anything. She has been clear where she stands and what she wants to do on everything. She would enter the White House next January with a to-do list on day one.
- Some of the changes she could probably successfully make:
- LGBT would essentially become a legally protected group. Any public speech or action deemed unsupportive will be hate-speech, possibly punishable by law.
- Individual states will lose sovereignty (their ability to approve or reject certain laws).
- Minimum wage will increase by 25%, causing inflation to rise by at least 30%, and unemployment to rise by at least 30%.
- If during the Clinton administration, there is a Democratic majority in Congress, an equitable income tax system will be re-instituted, based on income. This may help with the greater need for government assistance programs.
- If possible, federally-funded programs to educate and assist people on public assistance to find gainful employment will grow. Even though this has traditionally been a Republican idea, president Clinton will see the need to fund these programs as numbers of recipients explodes.
- Another idea originally from the Republicans, but Hillary is smart enough to see the need, is some sort of initiative program(s) to encourage American businesses to stay in the US, and to assist new business ventures. It is essential to the economic survival of the United States.
- As POTUS, she will strive to eliminate any social stigma from experiences such as abortion, gay marriage, trans-sexuality, mental illness, and many other ways that sometimes single people out.
As I wrote about the Trump administration, it’s a fact that whoever our next president is will step into a big bowl of… well, I think you know. Our country is torn over racial issues, maybe even worse than we were in the ’60’s. There are all kinds of prejudice against people of certain religions, sexual orientations, and any other ignorant excuse people can find to hate others.
Our economy is weak and unsteadily trying to recover, while trying to pretend like we are strong in a weak world economy.
We are fifteen years in a war against terrorism, a war that most Americans have forgotten why we’re fighting, and just want it to stop.
We have a generation entering adulthood who (generally-speaking) lack social interaction skills, work ethic, respect for any authority, and worst of all… they have no inventive/ creative spirit; without that, America can become a third world country within one generation.
So, to Hillary Clinton, as I did to Donald Trump, I say two things:
- GOOD LUCK!
- ARE YOU SURE THIS IS REALLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?